Temporary residence visa
Important to know
Temporary residence visa is issued for 4 months for citizens of Italy, other countries and persons without citizenship who are allowed to enter the Russian Federation for temporary residence based on the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation (Russian FMS) decision.
Temporary residence visa may only be single-entry.
For the application for a temporary residence visa one must submit:
- General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russian Federation (GUVM MVD) regional Office decision;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 1.5 years from the visa validity start date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Rome or Milan you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- A certificate of a negative HIV test of a foreign citizen issued no more than 3 months ago in case of applying for a visa authorizing a stay longer than 3 months;
- Power of Attorney (in case of submitting documents/collecting passport with ready visa by a third party).
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and service fee may be paid in a Visa Office.
Fees and time schedules
Fees and time schedules
For the citizens of Italy
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee
|4-10 business days||71 €||45* €|
|1-3 business days||142 €||45* €|
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Italy or the European Union, please specify the cost of your visa by contacting an operator of a call-centre
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
*For tourist agencies and tour operators – 40 euro
To fill in an application form
Filling in the application form
In a Russia Visa Office you can use a service of having the application form filled in. A fee for the service is added to the service fee and is 15 Eur. One may request this service during the submission of the documents for the visa processing.