1. HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
2. MAY I SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS FOR A PERSON TRAVELLING ABROAD?
3. 3. MAY I SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS FOR A GROUP OF PEOPLE? HOW MANY APPOINTMENTS DO I HAVE TO BOOK VIA THE ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM ON THE WEBSITE, AND WHOSE DATA DO I NEED TO INDICATE?
4. DO I NEED TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT TO RECIEVE A PASSPORT?
5. MAY I APPLY FOR TWO VISAS AT ONCE?
6. WHERE MAY I GET INFORMATION ON A VISA TYPE I NEED?
7. WHAT INSURANCE TYPE DO I NEED?
8. IN WHAT CASES IS A NEGATIVE HIV TEST NECESSARY?
9. WHAT DOCUMENTS AND IN WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES MUST BE PROVIDED STRICTLY AS ORIGINALS?
10. WHICH COUNTRIES’ CITIZENS ARE NOT REQUIRED A VISA TO ENTER THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION?
11. I AM NOT AN EU CITIZEN. ON WHAT CONDITIONS MAY I OBTAIN A VISA?
12. WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA, USA, GREAT BRITAIN, CANADA AND GEORGIA?
13. HOW MANY DAYS CAN A PERSON TRAVEL WITH A TOURIST VISA?
14. I CHANGE PLANES IN A RUSSIAN AIRPORT; AM I REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A TRANSIT VISA?
15. I AM PLANNING TO TRAVEL IN RUSSIA WITH A CAR. WHAT ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS DO I NEED?
16. MAY I OBTAIN AN URGENT VISA? WHAT ARE VISA PROCESSING TIMES?
17. HOW TO REGISTER AT THE PLACE OF STAY IN RUSSIA?
Visa Office offers various options to make an appointment. You may:
- Make an appointment via online booking system;
- Call one of the telephone numbers indicated on the website and book an appointment with the help of an operator;
- Make an appointment by visiting a Visa Office in person;
3. MAY I SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS FOR A GROUP OF PEOPLE? HOW MANY APPOINTMENTS DO I HAVE TO BOOK VIA THE ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM ON THE WEBSITE, AND WHOSE DATA DO I NEED TO INDICATE?
P.2. One receipt period includes handling one applicant with one documentation package for one natural person.
P.5 … When booking an appointment for documents submission it is necessary to indicate data of a person obtaining a visa, however, a proxy of this person may be admitted with a documentation package.
That is, if you submit documents for a number of people, you must book several subsequent appointments for each person, every time indicating data of a person whose documentation package you are to submit.
No. In a Russian Visa Office passports are issued every day from 14:00 to 17:00 on a first-served basis.
During the submission of the documents an operator tells the date and approximate time of a possible passport receipt. Please, come on time to avoid queuing!
No. According the Russian Federation legislation there must not be two valid visas in a passport.
If there already is a valid visa in your passport (for example an unused single-entry visa, double-entry visa with which the Russian Federation was entered only once or unused multiple-entry visa), we recommend submitting the documents for a new visa not earlier than 10 days before visa expiry date.
Information on visa types may be obtained on the Russia Visa Office website, section „Visa types“ or on the website of the Embassy or Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Italy.
The insurance covers expenses related to a sudden sickness or an accident away from home:
- expenses of an ambulance, hospital and medical treatment, as well as medication;
- patient transportation to a home country;
- accommodation and living costs of a person accompanying the insurance holder;
- In case of a fatal accident, expenses of burial abroad, or return of the remains to a home country.
In order to obtain a visa into the Russian Federation, it is necessary to provide a medical insurance policy.
A policy must be valid on the whole territory of the Russian Federation and during the whole period of stay.
A negative HIV test is necessary for all applicants requesting a multiple-entry work or student visa on the basis of an invitation issued by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russian Federation (GUVM MVD), due to the fact that the visa may be prolonged in Russia.
Strictly originals of the following documents must be provided:
- Passport valid for no less than 6 months from the visa expiry date (1,5 years from visa validity start date when obtaining a work or student visa)
- Visa application form, printed and signed personally by the applicant. The signature must match a signature in a passport;
- General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russian Federation (GUVM MVD) when applying for any kind of business, humanitarian, private, student and work visas;
- Medical insurance policy.
Please note: Consular institution may request the original documents of the copies that were earlier submitted for consideration.
A visa for the entry into the Russian Federation is not required for citizens of countries that have signed reciprocal agreements on the abolition or easing the visa restrictions with Russia.
As a rule, only short-term trips can be carried out without a visa (no more than 90 days for each 180 days a year). For a longer stay in Russia it is required to obtain an appropriate long-term visa.
Also, visa is not required if Russia is entered and exited as part of a program "72 hours without a visa" (on a ferry).
Citizens of non-European Union countries may apply for a visa into the Russian Federation only with a tourist invitation, an invitation issued by a General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russian Federation (GUVM MVD) or Ministry of the Foreign Affairs (except if otherwise provided in an international agreement of the Russian Federation).
In addition, if Italy is indicated as the place of residence in the invitation, it is necessary to submit the documents confirming the legitimacy of residency in Italy.
Citizens of migration-prone countries may apply for a visa only in person and only if they possess Italy residence permit as well as return tickets.
12. WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA, USA, GREAT BRITAIN, CANADA AND GEORGIA?
Citizens of the above mentioned countries must fill in a visa application form on two pages.
Australian citizens must submit a detailed autobiography (with Russian translation!).
When applying for a multiple-entry visa, all citizens of these countries must submit two application forms. A copy may serve as a second application form.
With a tourist visa one may stay in Russia for up to 1 month (30 days).
If the change of planes is carried out within a transit area and 24 hours or without a change of the airport terminal, a transit visa is not required. However, in this case, you may not leave the airport in order to visit the city.
In case of a transfer of planes in an airport a transit visa is required only if a passenger spends more than 24 hours in a transit area.
When buying tickets, the Russian Visa Office recommends inquiring the transport operator whether a transit visa is required. ATTENTION! In case of a forced transit a transit visa may be obtained in an airport Consular centre.
Citizens travelling with a transit to Belarus, as well as USA citizens travelling with a transit through the Russian Federation territory, it is necessary to obtain a transit visa even if the period of their stay in a transit area does not exceed 24 hours.
It is necessary to distinguish between automobile transit and travelling by a car.
Transit is a necessary crossing of the Russian Federation territory by a shortest route, for example in cases when it is impossible or too time consuming to reach the destination country by other means.
Necessary time for transit is calculated in the following manner: 500km/day by a shortest route (you can check your route in, for example, google.maps).
An automobile travel by any different route is considered to be an instance of ordinary or car tourism in Russia. In this case in order to obtain a visa it is necessary to submit paid hotel vouchers in stopping points or a foreign tourist acceptance confirmation by any touristic organization accredited by the Russian Federation MFA, which will select the best route and accommodations (hotels along the way) for you. The purpose of travel in this case is “car tourism”.
Car documents and the car insurance are not required for obtaining a visa. However, they are required at the border and during the travel.
You may submit the documents at the Russian Visa for a Consular institution consideration on a possibility of issuing a rush visa (up to 3 business days).
Please note, that the decision to issue a visa on expedite basis is taken by the Ambassador or Consul General of the Russian Federation.
Service fee remains the same regardless the processing time. Please inquire with the closest Russian Visa Center for further information.
A registration must be made within 7 business days after your arrival into the Russian Federation, it consists of informing (notifying) the regional office of the Federal Migration service about your arrival to a place of stay in Russia. All procedures regarding registering and striking of the register is carried out by a receiving party.
On arrival it is necessary to submit a passport and a migration card which is to be filled in before entering the Russian Federation to a receiving party. In such a case it is not allowed to take away a passport and a migration card.
A receiving party may be citizens of Russia, as well as foreign citizens permanently residing in the Russian Federation or persons without citizenship (with a resident permit) and legal entities, their affiliated branches or representation offices where you actually reside (are situated) or work.
In case of a check-in into a hotel a receiving party is the hotel administration, it notifies a regional office of the Federal Migration service about your arrival within a day, it also performs all necessary actions regarding the registration of foreign citizens and bears responsibility for compliance with the set rules of residency.
On your departure from Russia a receiving party must notify a corresponding regional office of the Federal Migration service within a day according to the location of an organization (institution) by sending (passing) a detachable section of the notification form about the arrival for striking you off the registration at a place of stay.
- How to obtain the service
Ways of filing in an application:
- Through a proxy
- Through multi-functional centres
Ways of receiving a result:
- Through a proxy
- Through multi-functional centres
Service completion period:
1 business day
Period during which an application for a service must be registered:
1 business day
- Receivers categories:
- Legal entities
- A foreign citizen
- A person without citizenship
- Basis for delivering the service
Basis for the start of delivering the state service is the receipt by the Russian regional FMS office directly from a receiving party or a foreign citizen, as well as by post of a notification of arrival with all necessary documents enclosed.
- Result of the service