Important to know
Ordinary tourist visa is issued to the citizens of Italy, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for a short-term stay in the country with a touristic purpose (visiting cultural events, excursions, familiarization with the sights), based on a tourist acceptance confirmation by a Russian touristic organization.
The maximum period of stay in the Russian Federation with a tourist visa is up to 30 days.
An entry for short-term business negotiations, participation in exhibitions, auctions, as well as for medical consults and tests is also permitted. In this case “target tourism” should be put in a field “purpose of travel” of the confirmation of acceptance of a foreign citizen, and a visa is issued for a number of days necessary for the planned events according to a time schedule indicated in a confirmation of residence (but no more than 30 days).
A single- or double-entry tourist visa to the Russian Federation may be issued.
A double-entry tourist visa is issued to a foreign citizen only if, according to the documents, during the stay in the Russian Federation a visit to neighbouring countries. In addition, a route must be indicated in a foreign citizen confirmation of acceptance issued by a host Russian organization.
Please note! Medical insurance policy must contain:
- contract date;
- policy number;
- first name, last name and date of birth of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid valid for the whole duration of the visa;
- list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- coverage for at least 30.000 EUR;
- signature of the insurer and stamp of the insurance company.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with stamps of the insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
In order to apply for ordinary single-entry or double-entry tourist visas, one must submit:
- Confirmation of the tourist acceptance by a Russian touristic organization, the information on which is included in the Uniform Federal Register of Tour Operators;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Rome or Milan you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
- Power of Attorney (in case of submitting documents/collecting passport with ready visa by a third party)
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and service fee may be paid in a Visa Office.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Italy, you must also submit:
1. A permit for a continuous stay in Italy for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Italy, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
2. Italy Permanent Resident Card (Permesso di soggiorno per soggiornanti di lungo periodo) for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Fees and time schedules
For the citizens of Italy and the European Union
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee
|Single-, double-entry visa|
|4-10 business days||35 €||50* €|
|1-3 business days||70 €||50* €|
*For tourist agencies and tour operators – 45 euro
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Italy or the European Union, please specify the cost of your visa by contacting an operator of a call-centre.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
To fill in an application form
Filling in the application form
In a Russia Visa Office you can use a service of having the application form filled in. A fee for the service is added to the service fee and is 15 Eur. One may request this service during the submission of the documents for the visa processing.