Important to know
Ordinary work visa is issued to citizens of Italy, other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation for work purposes based on an invitation issued by the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation (Russian FMS) with a possibility of a further prolongation by the Russian FMS agency on the territory of the Russian Federation.
The basis for a prolongation may be an employment agreement or a civil contract, either work or service, concluded according to the Russian Federation legislation.
Work visa may only be single-entry or multiple-entry for a period up to 90 days (except the visas for highly qualified specialists).
Please note! Medical insurance policy must contain:
- contract date;
- policy number;
- first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of single- or multiple-entry visa for period up to 90 days;
- list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with the seals of the insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
In order to apply for a standard single-entry or multi-entry work visa, one must submit:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the Federal migration service of the Russian Federation; Or
- A foreign passport containing at least 2 blank pages for visas, valid for a period of 1.5 years from the date the visa becomes valid;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
(When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa, it is necessary to indicate the Visa Office where you are planning to submit the documents).
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Rome or Milan you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- A medical insurance policy, valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and covering the entire duration of the visa, except in cases based on reciprocity;
- A certificate confirming that the foreign national is HIV-negative, if the applicant is applying for a visa for a period of over 3 months;
- Power of Attorney (in case of submitting documents/collecting passport with ready visa by a third party).
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and service fee may be paid in a Visa Office.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Italy, you must also submit:
1. A permit for a continuous stay in Italy for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Italy, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
2. Italy Permanent Resident Card (Permesso di soggiorno per soggiornanti di lungo periodo) for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Fees and time schedules
For the citizens of Italy and the European Union
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee
|4-10 business days||71 €||30 €|
|1-3 business days||142 €||30 €|
|4-10 business days||213 €||30 €|
|1-3 business days||425 €||30 €|
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Italy or the European Union, please specify the cost of your visa by contacting an operator of a call-centre.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consular fee||Service fee
|32 €||30 €|
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or restoration of a visa, please consult a call-centre operator regarding a procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.
To fill in an application form
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Filling in the application form
In a Russia Visa Office you can use a service of having the application form filled in. A fee for the service is added to the service fee and is 10 Eur. One may request this service during the submission of the documents for the visa processing.