Important to know
Ordinary student visa is issued to citizens of Italy and other countries as well as persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation with a purpose of studying in an educational institution based on an invitation issued by the Federal Migration service of the Russian Federation (Russian FMS), or based on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (Russian MFA) decision.
Student visa can be single- or double-entry, valid for up to 90 days.
The subsequent visa prolongation is carried out by the FMS of the Russian Federation according to a place of stay and migration registration by the means of issuance of a multiple-entry visa for an enrolment contract validity period settled according to the Russian Federation educational legislation but no more than for a year for each subsequent visa.
An ordinary student visa with a purpose of short-term studies, courses, internship may be issued based on a Russian educational institution request.
Please note! Medical insurance policy must contain:
- contract date;
- policy number;
- first name, last name and date of birth of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid for the whole duration of the visa;
- list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- coverage for at least 30.000 EUR;
- signature of the insurer and stamp of the insurance company.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with the seals of the insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
In order to apply for an ordinary single- or double-entry student visa one must submit:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russian Federation (GUVM MVD); Or
The Russian Federation Ministry of the Foreign Affairs decision to issue a visa; Or
A written request from a Russian educational institution is permitted for issuing a visa valid for up to 90 days (in this case a visa cannot be prolonged on the territory of the Russian Federation);
- A foreign passport containing at least 2 blank pages for visas, valid for a period of 1.5 years from the date the visa becomes valid. In case an invitation is issued on a letterhead of a Russian educational institution and the visa won’t be extended in Russia it is enough that the passport is valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Rome or Milan you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases;
- Power of Attorney (in case of submitting documents/collecting passport with ready visa by a third party).
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and service fee may be paid in a Visa Office.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Italy, you must also submit:
1. A permit for a continuous stay in Italy for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Italy, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
2. Italy Permanent Resident Card (Permesso di soggiorno per soggiornanti di lungo periodo) for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Fees and time schedules
The approximate consideration period is from 1 to 10 business days.
Visa processing times are set by the Russian Consulate and vary depending on the type of invitation. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and the European Union in a number of cases based on the category of the applicant and purpose of travel, a student visa may be issued without paying the consular fee.
Find out the price
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or restoration of a visa, please consult a call-centre operator regarding a procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.
To fill in an application form
Filling in the application form
In a Russia Visa Office you can use a service of having the application form filled in. A fee for the service is added to the service fee and is 15 Eur. One may request this service during the submission of the documents for the visa processing.