Important to know
Ordinary business visa is issued to the citizens of Italy, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation for business purposes (seminars, conferences, meetings with business partners, negotiations).
It is issued based on an invitation issued by the Federal Migration service of the Russian Federation (Russian FMS), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (Russian MFA) or based on a written request* from an organization (ONLY for business people and representatives of business organisations).
It can be single- or double-entry valid for up to 90 days, or multiple-entry valid for up to 1 year (except if otherwise provided in an international agreement of the Russian Federation).
Please note! The period of stay in the Russian Federation with an ordinary multiple-entry business visa may not exceed 90 days for each 180 days period
Please note! Medical insurance policy must contain:
- contract date;
- policy number;
- first name, last name and date of birth of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid for the whole duration of the visa;
- list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- coverage for at least 30.000 EUR;
- signature of the insurer and stamp of the insurance company.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with the seals of the insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
For a multiple-entry visa valid for a year or more an applicant must submit a medical insurance policy valid for the duration of an entry/entries into the Russian Federation. Absence of a policy may serve as grounds for the imposition of administrative sanctions and denying an entry into the territory of the Russian Federation.
*Written request. This document must be issued on an official letterhead with full details of a host organization, it also must contain the following information:
a). for an invitee: first name, last name, date of birth, gender, citizenship, number of an identification document, duration and purpose of travel, number of entries, itinerary, place of work and position;
b). for a host legal entity (company, organization): long title of a legal entity, its address, a taxpayer identification number, a registration number, a name and a position of a person who signed the request, company seal;
In order to apply for an ordinary single-, double- or multiple-entry business visa one must submit:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russian Federation (GUVM MVD); or
- The Russian Federation Ministry of the Foreign Affairs decision to issue a visa; Or
- A written request from a host organization or institution;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center in Rome or Milan you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
- Power of Attorney (in case of submitting documents/collecting passport with ready visa by a third party)
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
The consular and service fee may be paid in a Visa Office.
Please note! If you are not a citizen of Italy, you must also submit:
1. A permit for a continuous stay in Italy for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Italy, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
2. Italy Permanent Resident Card (Permesso di soggiorno per soggiornanti di lungo periodo) for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Fees and time schedules
The approximate consideration period is from 1 to 10 business days.
Visa processing times are set by the Russian Consulate and vary depending on the type of invitation. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or restoration of a visa, please consult a call-centre operator regarding a procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.
To fill in an application form
Filling in the application form
In a Russia Visa Office you can use a service of having the application form filled in. A fee for the service is added to the service fee and is 15 Eur. One may request this service during the submission of the documents for the visa processing.